The following is a guide to help make your aeration as successful as possible.
Please check your irrigation systems prior to aeration, as proper watering is absolutely vital to maintaining a fescue lawn.
BEFORE THE SERVICE
· Please flag your sprinkler heads, valve covers, invisible fence and any other hard to see objects. Flags can be picked up at Lowe's or Home Depot. Stoneworx makes every effort to avoid any damage but will not be held responsible.
· Mow your lawn a little lower than usual and clean up any leaves or debris. The recommended height is 1 1/2". This makes both aeration and seeding more effective. The raking of matted or bare areas will improve results. Contact us if you would like top soil applied to certain areas – additional charges will apply.
· In the days before aeration - please water your lawn thoroughly. Water softened soil will allow more uniform and deeper plugs for the best outcome with the over seeding and fertilization.
AFTER THE SERVICE
· Please stay off of your lawn as much as possible for the first couple of weeks. Your Fescue should start germinating in 7-10 days from the seeding date with proper moisture. Without constant moisture during that period, germination can take much longer. Keep in mind, heavy rainfall events have the potential to wash out seed before germination occurs. A second round of seeding may be required. If this occurs, contact us for pricing.
· For 7-10 days after seeding, you should water up to 2 times per day for very short intervals. Apply just enough water to keep the top ½ inch of soil moist. For most irrigation systems, this is usually 5 minutes per zone. Adjust accordingly based on rainfall.
· After the seed starts germinating, water every 3 days for a longer interval. You want to water just enough to avoid runoff. Do this for another 10 days. For most irrigation systems, 8-10 minutes per zone is a good guideline. Adjust accordingly based on rainfall.
· During the next phase you should irrigate every 5 days, applying ½ inch of water each time. Follow that schedule for 2 weeks. For irrigation systems, this is about 30 minutes per zone. Adjust accordingly based on rainfall.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE WATERING SCHEDULES ARE ONLY GUIDELINES. EACH LAWN IS DIFFERENT BASED ON MANY FACTORS AND WATERING SHOULD BE MONITORED AND ADJUSTED AS NEEDED.